Buggly Bear's Hiccup Cure
Digital version – browse, print or download
Receive the latest news & reviews direct to your inbox!
On the cover of this issue we feature a selection of illustrations from the Walker Books List. Can you identify the artists? (Answers below). We are grateful for the help from Walker Books in using this material.
1. Helen Oxenbury (First Picture Books).
2. Shirley Hughes (Nursery Collection).
3. John Burningham (First Words).
4. Patrick Benson (William Mayne's Hob Stories).
5. Kenneth Lilly (Large as Life).
6. Nicola Bayley (Copycats).
7. Philippe Dupasquier (Little Robert).
8. E. J. Taylor (Biscuits, Buttons and Pickles).
9. Jan Ormerod (Baby Books).
10. Colin McNaughton (Allan Ahlberg's Red Nose Readers).
11. Helen Craig (Susie and Alfred).
12. Peter Cross (David Lloyd's Dinosaur Days).
Titles are of the series, not individual books.
Lively and humorous tale in which Buggly tries to rid himself of 'hiccups' with the help of his friend, Forrest the Deer. The homespun attempts --- holding his breath, counting to a hundred, receiving a shock --- will strike chords with readers from five to eight. Look at the ways in which the author's own imaginative, sparky pictures tell their own stories. The simple text has been intelligently placed to help the climax of the tale. Well worth looking at.