The Siege of Cobb Street School
Digital version – browse, print or download
Receive the latest news & reviews direct to your inbox!
On the cover of this issue we feature a selection of illustrations from the Walker Books List. Can you identify the artists? (Answers below). We are grateful for the help from Walker Books in using this material.
1. Helen Oxenbury (First Picture Books).
2. Shirley Hughes (Nursery Collection).
3. John Burningham (First Words).
4. Patrick Benson (William Mayne's Hob Stories).
5. Kenneth Lilly (Large as Life).
6. Nicola Bayley (Copycats).
7. Philippe Dupasquier (Little Robert).
8. E. J. Taylor (Biscuits, Buttons and Pickles).
9. Jan Ormerod (Baby Books).
10. Colin McNaughton (Allan Ahlberg's Red Nose Readers).
11. Helen Craig (Susie and Alfred).
12. Peter Cross (David Lloyd's Dinosaur Days).
Titles are of the series, not individual books.
The heroes of the same author's Great Ice Cream Crime (also in Beaver)( turn up again in a racy story in which they outwit two gunmen who take over their teacher and classmates during storytime! The plot races on, but there are some deft touches of character and dialogue. Those who need to be drawn in quickly and carried through a story will not be let down. Characteristically lively pictures from Dupasquier.